Re: route filtering in large networks

  • From: Peter E. Fry
  • Date: Thu Mar 13 01:07:07 2003

On 12 Mar 2003 at 22:59, Jack Bates wrote:

> Nice, although it doesn't explain the purpose of having the routes if you
> have an acl. To keep viruses from attempting to contact bogons? To stop your
> internal network from surfing the bogon web which can't reply back anyways?

  It's a generic config -- note the "! Default route to the Internet
[...]".  Saves you some microbucks on that burstable Internet link,
or maybe some of that micro-upstream-bandwidth on your ADSL when you
get those spoofy pings.  Hey -- you asked.  I recommend it myself, on
a smaller scale.
  (Sigh.)  Your ideas are nice, but I'd have to rant all over this
list to keep y'all from filtering my compelling bogon content.

Peter E. Fry