RE: Put part of Google on 69/8 (was Re: 69/8...this sucks)

  • From: Vivien M.
  • Date: Wed Mar 12 21:00:53 2003

[snip]
> It is doubly offensive when you opine that I have an
> obligation to create and use [1] a gender-specific name
> solely to make things easier for you and other sexist jerks^W
> men^W^W induh^H^Hividuals.  What would you do if my name was
> Pat or Chris?  Or if YOUR name was Pat or Chris?

I've had the opposite problem (people thinking I'm female, when I'm not...),
and it can get quite annoying, I agree.

I wonder if perhaps a solution would be doing something I saw a gentleman
from China, IIRC, do on this list quite a while ago. He had added (Mr.) to
his .sig to make it easy for people to figure out his gender. Perhaps this
would be an easyish way to somewhat-subtly warn people of the correct
gender?

Vivien
--
(Mr.) Vivien M.