Re: 69/8...this sucks

  • From: Peter E. Fry
  • Date: Wed Mar 12 19:52:55 2003

Andy Dills wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Randy Bush wrote:
>
> > maybe we should not encourage those who do not have time, talent,
> > and inclination to install bogon route filters that need to be
> > maintained?
>
> Sure. If the NSPs would just filter the bogon routes, nobody else would
> have to bother. Why is it that they don't?

  Filter (public, private and transit) peers or customers...?  Or
themselves?
  I've had a few customers spontaneously (ahem) come up with remarkably
"Rob Thomas" configs (if any noun can be verbed, can any name be
adjectived?) -- I usually convince them to tone down the filters a bit.
The funny ones are those who've signed up for a partial table or
default.  Then again, I suppose you can't be too careful.

Peter E. Fry