Re: 69/8 problem -- Would CNN care?

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Wed Mar 12 12:27:13 2003

Post Hopping:

> From: Avleen Vig
>
> No offense Lee, but OH MY GOD, can we *PLEASE* drop this now?
> If 69/8 is unreachable by some people, it's REALLY NOT THAT IMPORTANT.
>
> If 10% of the internet cannot reach 69/8, then it's the problem of that
> 10%. I'm sure when people cannot reach it they'll eventually figure it
> out on their own if they don't read nanog.

Avleen,

Stop for a minute and realize that 69/8 isn't just given to web-hosters. If
that were the case, I'd agree with you. 69/8 is being given out to ISPs that
have to feed companies and end users. This has an impact on the ISPs in
question, as they cannot provide as "good" a service as their competitor
because various networks are dropping their packets to the floor.

Do I complain? Do I add my own speach to this never ending thread? Yes. I
do. I need solutions to what isn't just a technical problem, but a business
problem. If it doesn't get fixed, I will lose money.

I personally am greatful for all the suggestions, work, and communication
existing on the list and off-list concerning this problem.

-Jack