RE: OT: Increasing Cell Phone Signal inside a NOC?

  • From: Huopio Kauto
  • Date: Wed Mar 12 09:09:42 2003

In Finland, it is very usual that cell providers can bring a mini-cell
(_not_ a repeater, a real cell) _in_ to the building and wire all floors and
especially facilities that are below ground level. In my previous life, I
got
a cell provider to install an extension to the in-house antenna network to a
previously unused area of the basement when we decided to build a new
machine
room there. Full coverage indeed. :)  Well, Helsinki is a city where even
the
metro system has 100% coverage from all four network operators :)

Just call your cell operator customer service and ask for someone who is
able
to talk about coverage issues.

--Kauto