Re: OT: Increasing Cell Phone Signal inside a NOC?

  • From: K. Graham
  • Date: Wed Mar 12 07:06:36 2003

We use an in building cellular system.  We have microhubs placed in our
hubrooms on the campus.  Then there are antenna's placed around the inside of
the building that use cat5 cabling back to the microhub.  The microhub sends
the signal back to the main hub that then connects to the cellular provider.

It is actually a very nice set up.  The production areas we have are very
similiar to a NOC situation and by placing an antenna inside of the encased
area it would provide you with a solution.

Kim