Re: 69/8...this sucks

  • From: Andy Dills
  • Date: Tue Mar 11 19:36:11 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Randy Bush wrote:

> > Look, there's no quick fix solution here.
>
> so let's see how much of a kludge we can make to show how clever
> we are.

Excellent point...but then, what to do?

Have we given up and decided that addressing the 69/8 (and similar, future
issues) is a social problem that can't be fixed via technical means?

Are you ok with a solution of patiently waiting for some sort of critical
mass to occur with each new /8 that gets allocated? Sooner or later,
enough content will be in 69/8 (and other commonly filtered /8s) that
people will be forced to fix their filters. But is that the only way?

And would your answer change if you were one of the first networks to be
assigned space in the new range?

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access