Re: OT: Increasing Cell Phone Signal inside a NOC?

  • From: Bradley Dunn
  • Date: Tue Mar 11 13:23:16 2003

[email protected] wrote:

I'm sure a lot of people have the same problem as we are having... Our NOC and Server Equipment is located in "No Cell Phone signal" zone of our building (It's amazing what metal walls, Server Racks and HVAC Systems will do to Cellphone Signals). I was wondering if anyone out there has found a device that will be able to repeat the Cell Phone signal back into our NOC & Server Area's???
You'd probably need a lot of indoor usage to convince your carrier to do it, but you could ask them to deploy a picocell in your space. For example:
http://www.nokia.com/networks/product_catalog/pc_product_highlights/1,5567,,00.html?prod_id=RAS00010&path=mcat&mcat=44445&scat=48260
Again, you'd need your cell carrier's cooperation for this.

Bradley