RE: 69/8...this sucks -- Centralizing filtering..

  • From: McBurnett, Jim
  • Date: Mon Mar 10 23:21:56 2003

>From Chris Adams:
> This isn't meant to be a pick on you (we've got some SWIPs filed
> incorrectly that we are working on).  I've just run into more and more
> cases where ARIN (or other RIR, but I'm typically interested in ARIN
> info) info is out of date.  Maybe ARIN should periodically
> send an "are
> you there" type email to contacts (like some mailing lists
> do).  If that
> fails, mail a letter with instructions on how to update your contact
> info, and if that fails, delete the invalid contact info - I'd rather
> see no contact info than bogus info.

Chris,
If you read PPML, there is a HUGE push via Owen DeLong's Policy
2003-1a to help with some aspects of the whois Contact..
his policy is mainly based on the abuse contact, But I think may
get extended to all contacts eventually...
Owen- Wanta jump in here???

And-- if you feel strong enough to be flamed on the ARIN PPML list
propose a Policy based on your comments.. I for one agree with you..
just give 2 or 3 tries.. If it fails once - retry 24 hours if
it fails again retry 48 hours. If it fails again.. 3 strikes and
your out in the old ball game (add in the music from "take me out to
the ballgame")

Later,

That's my 10 cents worth- ya know inflation gets us everywhere...