Re: 69/8...this sucks -- Centralizing filtering..

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Mon Mar 10 19:24:01 2003

From: "Ray Bellis"

> Why not persuade ARIN to put whois.arin.net in there instead?  It
> shouldn't take the people with the broken filters *too* long to figure
> out why they can't do IP assignment lookups...

You are presuming that people are doing IP assignment lookups from the
affected network, sometimes just an affected server. Further more, you
presume that people do IP assignment lookups at all. Clueless people often
don't even know what ARIN is. Just the other day I was asked what Aaron had
to do with the problem I was describing.

-Jack