Re: 69/8...this sucks -- Centralizing filtering..

  • From: Ray Bellis
  • Date: Mon Mar 10 18:39:05 2003

> After this 69.0.0.0/8 thing is sorted out I guess
> we can move the "critical resources" over to 202.0.0.0/7
> to track down all the idiots blocking that range (trying
> to decide if I should put a smilie here).
>
> I nominate the arin.net nameservers.

Most people seem to think it would be impractical to put the root name
servers in 69.0.0.0/8

Why not persuade ARIN to put whois.arin.net in there instead?  It
shouldn't take the people with the broken filters *too* long to figure
out why they can't do IP assignment lookups...

Ray

--
Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon) - Technical Director
community internet plc - ts.com Ltd

Windsor House, 12 High Street, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 2PJ
tel:  +44 1865 856000   email: [email protected]
fax:  +44 1865 856001     web: http://www.community.net.uk/