Re: 69/8...this sucks

  • From: Kevin Loch
  • Date: Mon Mar 10 16:26:08 2003

Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

I repeat my suggestion that a number of DNS root-servers or gtld-servers
be renumbered into 69/8 space.  If the DNS "breaks" for these neglected
networks, I suspect they will quickly get enough clue to fix their ACLs.

Nice idea in principal (from a purist point of view) but its not practical, I hope your not serious..!

How about making *temporary* allocations to content providers
who vounteer to move some/all content to net-69?  Use an initial
page on your regular net to alert users to "contact their
ISP and have them fix their bogon filter if the below link
doesn't work."  If done right, it might speed up the clean-up.

The only problem would be finding volunteers with sufficient
traffic who are willing to break their site.

I could do this on some of my sites.  They're not Ebay, but
they do get hit from about 40K unique IP's per day, with
a very global distribution. If ARIN is interested, contact
me privately.

KL