RE: 69/8...this sucks -- Centralizing filtering..

  • From: Rob Thomas
  • Date: Mon Mar 10 13:08:53 2003

Hi, NANOGers.

] But they all know what LDAP is...

I don't know that I'd say that.  I'll bet they all are more familiar
with HTTP and DNS (both have bogon feeds available).  I view LDAP as
yet another way to share the data, not the ultimate way to share the
data.  I'm not trying to start a flame war here, just pointing out
that a variety of feeds meet many more requirements, and that there
are several types of data feeds available now.  This includes the
recently added pure text bogon files, suitable for easy parsing.

http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/

] In fact, I know that Rob is considering setting up an LDAP server as an

Yep, it is high on my burgeoning to-do list.  :)

Thanks,
Rob.
--
Rob Thomas