RE: UK ISPs not cooperating with law enforcement

  • From: Mark Borchers
  • Date: Fri Mar 07 19:10:21 2003

> It difficult to tell from the article whether UK ISPs are refusing to
> cooperate with lawful requests from UK police, or if UK police are
> trying to get ISPs to give information without proper authorization.
>
> http://www.computerweekly.com/articles/article.asp?liArticleID=119873

It's difficult to argue with the premise that "it was in the interests of
ISPs to co-operate in investigations against hackers and virus writers".

I can recall posts to this list bemoaning the fact that the FBI was slow
or unwilling to launch cybercrime investigations not tied espionage,
terrorism, or other good, old-fashioned crime.