Re: 923 Mbps across the Ocean ...

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Fri Mar 07 16:53:28 2003

Hello;

There was a 1.5 Gigabit per second uncompressed HDTV stream that was sent
U Washington to DC.

http://www.washington.edu/hdtv/next-gen.html

True, that was sent RTP over UDP, but if I was
going to send that data rate over a _dedicated_ link, I would use UDP. The
very high bit rate applications I have been involved with could all tolerate
some loss, and for the others, a little FEC could go a long way.