Re: Abstract of proposed Internet Draft for Best Current Practice (please comment)

  • From: Peter Galbavy
  • Date: Fri Mar 07 10:41:16 2003

McBurnett, Jim wrote:
> To be blunt:
> It seems that your opinion is:  If a company wants to dump trash in
> my email account
> and they are able to find an ISP who is so blindly just taking a
> payment and cares less
> about what who they provide service to, so be it, I don't care.

I did not even know that's what the proposal was about - I did say I
objected to the whole having not even read it - simply because of the
holier-than-thou wording of that specific paragraph.

> Well to that sir, I say this:  In the United States capitalism is a
> way of life, but
> YOUR freedom's only extend to the point at which they impeach upon MY
> freedoms, at which
> point you and every SPAMMER out there IS WRONG.  I have sent several
> letters as of recent
> to my congressional representatives with the points that a business
> cannot and should allow
> their services to be used to force feed me unsolicited email. And
> that any provider that
> does may be fined...

Why do many - especially the uneducated and ignorant ones I suppose ? -
assume that everyone lives under US jurisdiction ?

I dislike SPAM, I have my own tools to fight SPAM and I have been doing it
for quite some time thanks.

When some meta-literate comes along telling me that their proposal is
perfection and that anyone not believing their preaching is the enemy, I get
annoyed.

Live with it.

Peter