Re: spamcop.net?

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Mon Mar 03 23:45:41 2003

Not for nothing, but there's so much time wasted with all these diversified
spam systems.

I've been reading about Barry Shein's proposals and I have to say I am on board
with a centralized -single- system based on his young, but intelligent, model.

http://www.internetweek.com/breakingNews/INW20021219S0003

I applaud RBL, spamcop, etc., but without funding and consolidation, it's another
waste of offensive time that could be spent on a far more effective defense.

-M

At 02:51 AM 3/4/2003 +0000, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, blitz wrote:

> Anyone having trouble getting to/ know of any issues with spamcop.net today?
>
> They seemed to have dropped off the radar from me...
>
> No pings
> No traceroute
>
> but they still show registered at 216.127.43.89

laptop ~]$ t 216.127.43.89 80
Trying 216.127.43.89...
Connected to 216.127.43.89 (216.127.43.89).
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /

hmm, there isnt anything returning right now, but it connects atleast :)

> Tnx
>
> Marc
> macronet.net

Regards,

--
Martin Hannigan                    [email protected]