Re: BGP to doom us all

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Mon Mar 03 10:44:22 2003

From: "Avi Freedman"
<snip>
> : Why don't SWIP forms include Origin-AS?
>
> Ahem.  Origin-AS(s) - plural.  Agreed - mildly.  Of course, SWIP isn't
> updated when delegation info changes, so origin AS(s) would get just as
> stale as contact info.

If networks are filtering based on SWIP information, it will get updated.
Personally, I think ARIN handling routing information is an excellent idea.
It has to be separate from SWIP though, as rwhois servers don't issue SWIP.
On the other hand, if ARIN authoritates the block to the AS and then a
lookup to the AS's server provides any subdelegations, that might work.

-Jack