Re: Who uses RADB? [was BGP to doom us all]

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Sun Mar 02 15:21:13 2003

On Saturday, Mar 1, 2003, at 11:28 America/Vancouver, [email protected] wrote:

It doesnt cost a million dollars to have access to a RR, its somewhat less! You
pay for your domains you pay for your IPs you pay for your ASN you pay for your
SSL, so why be shocked you pay a little for this too? And if everyone filters
your prefixes that will be operational value enough to join!
Because it provides me *no* service what so ever.
Then don't use it. Surely this is not rocket science.

What does a RADB tell you about a non-transit network that you can't see
It tells you who it belongs to, where it should be coming from, possibly contact
details.
Presuming that it is correct, which it is NOT in a large percentage of
cases. So again, why am I paying to someone to provide me incorrect
information?
You're not. You're paying to provide other people with information about you. Retrieving other peoples' incorrect information is free.

Joe