Re: anti-spam vs network abuse

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Sat Mar 01 13:09:58 2003

At 05:05 PM 28-02-03 -0500, Len Rose wrote:

Scanning is always a precursor to an attack, or to determine if any obvious
methodology can be used to attack. At least that's how it has been
historically viewed.
When buying from Landsend or Amazon, I normally trust their ecommerce security. But when I am buying something online from "Bubba's Lasermax Imporium" in Nebraska, I will scan their site as well as "Dwyne's Glock Shop" in Arkansas and pick the one with the more secure ecommerce rather than the one with the cheaper price.

Call me Joe consumer :-)

-Hank