Re: Who uses RADB? [was BGP to doom us all]

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Sat Mar 01 11:05:38 2003

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Danny McPherson wrote:

> > > Who actually uses RADB to build filters other than Verio?  While my
> > > experience with other providers is limited Verio is the only one (of the
> > > ones we have used) who used RADB entries for BGP peers.
> >
> > Level3 do atleast. Most European providers do.
>
> For customers, though not inter-provider.

We use them..

as you say for customers only. Inter-provider we have basic bogon checking plus
maximum prefix. Its too unwieldy to build when you have peers exchanging
thousands of routes... theres a belief that the peer should be behaving
responsibly tho and this is a condition of most bilateral peering contracts.

Going back to the original topic on this thread I would expect a deliberate
attack on BGP routing to come from a customer not a provider such as Level3, if
they are filtering in turn to their customers we have a reasonable amount of
sanity checking going on

Steve