RE: Sabotage cuts power to 18 million people

  • From: Al Rowland
  • Date: Fri Feb 28 18:19:20 2003

Unless you're main work computer (or personal) is a laptop or you have a
PocketPC device (with charged batteries.) Both in my case. Nope, I'm not
paranoid, just prepared. We've had two speeders take out power in our
grid in the last two years. Critical stuff is on UPS/Genset but not
everything. Nice to have a 'local' backup. The PocketPC is also a
cell/GPRS device. Yes, I know, but if it's bad enough to effect the cell
system, the power company is likely already on the job. ;0

Best regards,
Al Rowland

[snip]