Re: ebgp-multihop

  • From: Steve Carter
  • Date: Thu Feb 27 18:49:47 2003

* Tim Rand <[email protected]> [030227 16:39]:
> Hi -
> I have searched the archives but have not found an answer to my question
> - is there any danger in using excessively high TTL values with
> ebgp-multihop?  For example, neighbor x.x.x.x ebgp-multihop 255 - 255 is
> generally much higher than needed, but is there any risk/danger ??
> Thanks in advance.  - Tim

There is a potential for blackholing traffic should you be dual (or multi)
homed and if the ebgp-multihop session were able to re-establish over
another path.  Better to keep it close to what you'd expect your maximum
number of hops to be to reduce the potential for undesirable modes.

-Steve