Re: FNSI (AS6259) -> Cogent

  • From: mark
  • Date: Wed Feb 26 20:16:18 2003

Quoting Jack Bates <[email protected]>:

> From: "Adam Kujawski"
>

> > "Fiber Network Solutions and Cogent Communications are pleased to announce
> that
> > Cogent Communications has agreed to acquire the major assets of FNSI,
> including
> > all FNSI customers.
> <snip self-righteousnous>
>
> With the constant change in the global network represented by the changes to
> my BGP tables, is there a particular reason why something like this needs to
> be on-list outside of network bragging and soliciting?
>
> -Jack

Perhaps because FNSI is a decent size network with a significant number of
peering connections and BGP speaking customers.  This was the first notice I
have seen that they will be aquired by Cogent.

It was forwarded by not as propoganda but as a heads-up to the people who will
be affected.  It was not sent by FNSI to Nanog but by a customer of FNSI (us).

And this was any more off topic than 90% of the other garbage on this list
lately?

Mark Radabaugh
Amplex