Re: In case you didn't notice: Virtual protest

  • From: Richard Irving
  • Date: Wed Feb 26 17:10:27 2003

conf t
router> warning, this post cannot configure routers. ;)

A few thoughts of Past Presidents to
act as a "Virtual" Guiding Light
to Modern America:

President McKinley on WAR:
==========================
"War should never be entered upon
until every agency of peace has failed." (March 4, 1897)

President Truman on FUD:
========================
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage,
on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand." (January 8, 1947)

President Eisenhower on Weapons:
===============================
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, in a final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are
not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." (April 16, 1953).

..and on general trends in culture and Wisdom:
"This conjunction of an immense military establishment
and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. . . .
In the councils of government, we must guard against
the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,
by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous
rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."
(January 17, 1961)

President Johnson, L. on Evil:
==============================
"Evil acts of the past are never
 rectified by evil acts of the present." (July 21, 1964)

------------------------------------
And on the "lighter" note,
I leave you with Nixon, Reagan,
and of course, W :

President Nixon on Corruption:
==============================
"When the President does it,
  that means that it is not illegal." (May 19, 1977)

President Reagan on Government:
===============================
"In this present crisis,
government is not the solution to our problem;
government is the problem." (January 20, 1981)

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession.
I have come to realize that it bears a
very close resemblance to the first." (March 2, 1977)

Ok.. One "W" quote..... but, very reluctantly....

And , in our top 10 countdown,
"W" issue's -=irrefutable=- Wisdom:
===================================
"It is clear our nation is reliant upon
big foreign oil. More and more of our imports
come from overseas!  - Sep 25, 2000

;)

.Richard.

A Final Haiku