Re: Network monitoring/IDS rant - What's hot what's not?

  • From: Jeff Weisberg
  • Date: Wed Feb 26 11:32:06 2003

Pete asked:

| > (traditionally) but they can normally monitor the heck
| > out of 'decent' sized networks (less than 500 components
| > was my last experience with OVW atleast, tivoli and CA
| > we never got working correctly with less than 1 metric
| > butt ton of LOE to keep it running)
|
| What are the options and recommendations for networks > 500
| components?

back when I had a 'network > 500 components', I could never find
any monitoring software that did what I wanted.
so I wrote my own. over the years it's been through some re-writes,
gathered features, (lost features), and become open-source.
written by an ISP for an ISP[1].

find it here:
	http://argus.tcp4me.com

	--jeff

[1] sorry, I mean "e-commerce solution provider". I can still hear
    the marketing people's voices in my head...