Re: [Re: [Re: M$SQL cleanup incentives]]

  • From: Kevin Oberman
  • Date: Fri Feb 21 13:40:48 2003

> Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:53:59 -0800 (PST)
> From: David Barak <[email protected]>
> Sender: [email protected]
>

> I think the bigger issue for all of the M$SQL
> customers will be the new licensing fees they get
> stuck with...

It could be a huge problem for some companies, but appears to have no
impact on most M$SQL server users. Just companies that base products
on the server.

Let's not start a panic.

On the other hand, Timeline's case is YEARS old and they are going
after treble damages from companies who just took Microsoft's word
that there was nothing to worry about. Some people should be VERY
nervous, indeed.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: [email protected]			Phone: +1 510 486-8634