Re: scripts to map IP to AS?

  • From: Stephen Gill
  • Date: Fri Feb 21 02:50:47 2003

Hi Johannes,

] > Anybody have a pointer to scripts to map IP to AS?

] Grab a routing table snapshot from the routeviews archive and run it
] through parse_bgp_dump from CAIDA's CoralReef package. Then use
] CAIDA::ASFinder or Net::Patricia to do the lookups.

In fact I have 2 scripts to do just this.

- Script #1 uses a route-server for a smallish list of IPs.
- Script #2 uses the method listed above and pipes IPs into the CAIDA
lookup tree of a BGP table offline.  Once you've installed CoralReef
it's really not much more work to get the customization you need for
lookups.

Contact me off-list if you're interested in either one.

Cheers,
-- steve