Re: scripts to map IP to AS?

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Thu Feb 20 09:13:36 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, William Allen Simpson wrote:

> Anybody have a pointer to scripts to map IP to AS?

I suspect the easiest thing to do would be to write some code to query a
looking glass, perhaps even install your own for this....

> There are still 10K-20K hosts spewing M$SQL slammer/sapphire packets,
> and I'd like to start blocking routing to those irresponsible AS's
> that haven't blocked their miscreant customers.

but automatically blocking AS's that send some 1434/udp traffic your way
sounds like a really bad idea and would setup an easy way to DoS your
network by "tricking" you into blocking certain AS's.  Why not just block
1434/udp at your ingress points and be happy?

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |