Re: VoIP over IPsec

  • From: Steve Feldman
  • Date: Mon Feb 17 14:30:47 2003

> Does anyone have any experience running VoIP over such tunnels?
> Is there a technical reason why this solution is not feasible?  Are
> Cisco routers not happy doing VoIP/IPsec/GRE in concert?

The company I'm working for uses Shoreline VoIP PBX gear spread out
over maybe a dozen offices of varying sizes.  All are interconnected
through the corporate enterprise net, Cisco routers with IPSEC/GRE tunnels
over the public Internet.  Each office has at least a T1, and we use a
variety of providers.  We have a typical mix of enterprise interoffice
traffic: email, web, file sharing, etc.  There's no QoS configured in
the routers at present.

It all seems to just work fine.

	Steve