Re: Symantec detected Slammer worm "hours" before

  • From: hostmaster
  • Date: Thu Feb 13 12:56:27 2003

DeepSight is SecurityFocus. Their claim may have some truth in it. But, so does the 19000+ partners. They mean customers....but not necessarily customers/ subscribers to DeepSight. (they may have 'accidentally' included all their SecurityFocus lists' subscribers in that number as well :). Though I do appreciate the SF team, I haste to add that this revelation smells seriously commercially tainted. All of the major networks would see such anomaly pretty fast, and at virtually the same time. This is however the right moment to underscore 'corporate fears', and bring attention to their relatively new service/product.

cheers
Bert
director research
nso/ft. myers