Re: Symantec detected Slammer worm "hours" before

  • From: William Warren
  • Date: Thu Feb 13 12:22:16 2003

really? wow then according to their press release none of their Deepsight customers were compromised because of this early warning? I bet that can be debunked fairly quickly. Let's se what falls out of the busy once it is shaken a bit.

Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
I saw this mentioned in an article a day or two after the attack.

Clearly they are wrong about this (lying or mistaken), for as you say the speed
of propogation means that a single infected host would have infected the whole
internet in minutes which means we all see the first packets at almost exactly
the same time.

From the context it is written below, this seems a cheap stunt to promote their
service.

Steve