Re: Symantec detected Slammer worm "hours" before

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Thu Feb 13 12:15:25 2003

I saw this mentioned in an article a day or two after the attack.

Clearly they are wrong about this (lying or mistaken), for as you say the speed
of propogation means that a single infected host would have infected the whole
internet in minutes which means we all see the first packets at almost exactly
the same time.

>From the context it is written below, this seems a cheap stunt to promote their
service.

Steve