Re: Streaming dead again.

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Tue Feb 11 13:26:18 2003

At 11:51 AM 2/11/2003, Eric Germann wrote:
Dying at merit.demarc.cogentco.com with 3561ms figures in traceroute.

How many would pay some $$$ for this to be moved in the future to a premium
service provided by someone like RealMedia.  Methinks the merit servers are
getting crushed.
Raises hand as someone who'd be willing to pay a virtual attendance fee.

I'd pony up some $$$ to virtually attend it if it were reliable.  Seems a
lot less reliable this time around.
I've tried several times to suggest a virtual attendance fee for IETF meetings as well. There seems to be significant resistance to the concept in that group, perhaps NANOG will be more receptive?

For the fee, I'd expect some sort of a back-channel as well (IRC channel, email address or something so that folks who're attending virtually can ask questions of the presenter).