Re: VoIP QOS best practices

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Mon Feb 10 14:48:27 2003

You're specifically talking about the g728a codec?

I typically have been using g711ulaw which is a 64k vs the g728a codec that is 8k.

Aside from that, Bill is quite correct here. There's little need for QoS other than at the edge of ones network to insure that your circuit is not full of other streaming media applications that put your tcp performance in the toilet.

- jared