Re: VoIP QOS best practices

  • From: Jason Lixfeld
  • Date: Mon Feb 10 12:58:16 2003

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 12:47 PM, Bill Woodcock wrote:

Looking for some links to case studies or other documentation which
describe implementing VoIP between sites which do not have point to
point links. From what I understand, you can't enforce end-to-end QoS
on a public network, nor over tunnels. I'm wondering if my basic
understanding of this is flawed and in the case that it's not, how is
this dealt with if the ISPs of said sites don't have any QoS policies?
QoS is completely unnecessary for VoIP. Doesn't appear to make a bit of
difference. Any relationship between the two is just FUD from people
who've never used VoIP.
Indeed, people like me :)