Re: Cascading Failures Could Crash the Global Internet

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Sun Feb 09 12:43:35 2003

Hello;

A packet switched network can be engineered against cascading failures
in a way that's hard for a circuit switched network. Every time you see a
random wait in a protocol, it's a good bet that the protocol writers were trying to
protect against the tight coupling that leads to cascading failures.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks