Re: Cascading Failures Could Crash the Global Internet

  • From: Michael Lamoureux
  • Date: Sat Feb 08 22:52:27 2003

 "sgorman1" == sgorman1  <[email protected]> writes:

sgorman1> Homogenous, in this context, does not mean similar platform
sgorman1> connectivity, but nodes with same degree connecting to each
sgorman1> other.

Ah, that makes it more clear.  So a full mesh would be better?   ;-)

sgorman1> Lots of problems in applying that to cascading failures in
sgorman1> reality - making AS701 disappear, BGP allowing a cascading
sgorman1> traffic failure from "having to redistribute" AS701's
sgorman1> traffic etc etc.  Hope that makes it more clear, but it is
sgorman1> just my interpretation of someone elses work.

Yeah, I have all sorts of problems with applying this model to
reality.  But then, we already determined that I was being stupid. ;-)

thanks,
Michael