Re: Odd DNS responses for www.neopets.com

  • From: just me
  • Date: Thu Feb 06 19:22:27 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Stephen Milton wrote:

  Maybe it's just me, but isn't there something odd about a DNS query
  coming back with 78 entries for the same host?  It sends back an UDP
  packet that gets truncated and the DNS resolver reverts to TCP to get
  the full list.

  It seems to cause problems with Windows clients and/or Windows DNS
  servers.  Seems like overkill.

neopets.com has been blatantly and furiously attempting to spam me for
several months: http://mrtg.snark.net/nullstats.cgi

If they lack the sense to stop trying to relay to a host that does not
even ACK their SYNs after several thousand tries, I suspect their
proficiency at configuring rfc-compliant DNS might be lacking as well.

Shockingly, emails to [email protected] have been incredibly useless.

matto

[email protected]<darwin><
   Flowers on the razor wire/I know you're here/We are few/And far
   between/I was thinking about her skin/Love is a many splintered
   thing/Don't be afraid now/Just walk on in. #include <disclaim.h>