Average Based Billing

  • From: Lynn Bashaw
  • Date: Wed Feb 05 16:38:52 2003

All,

Thanks for your comments.  There were a couple of instances of an average
based billing scheme, but for the most part the comments did not indicate
this to be a wide-spread practice.

I was interested in the question due to a claim by a potential customer that
billing on their current transit links with some other carriers was based on
average utilization (specific definition undefined) rather than billing
based on a 95th percentile value of some set of samples.  I had not heard of
this trend and wanted make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Thanks again for the feedback and insight.

Lynn