Re: billing systems

  • From: Richard Welty
  • Date: Wed Feb 05 15:26:51 2003

Richard A Steenbergen <[email protected]> wrote:

>I prefer to pick a random number, then consult my Magic 8-Ball with the
>question "Is this customer paying enough money?". If the answer is no, I
>raise their bill by 10Mbit and try again.

>Sometimes the billing department gets a little backed up when the results
>are hazy, but other than that it's a great system.

ISPs using a magic 8-ball based billing system may find that customizing
the 8-ball is not only feasible but may make for better profit margins
when the 8-ball is properly tuned:

    http://8ball.ofb.net/howto.html

i might be persuaded to make a presentation on this at the next nanog
meeting.

cheers,
  richard
--
Richard Welty                                         [email protected]