RE: Routing preferences question

  • From: Timothy R. McKee
  • Date: Thu Jan 30 10:14:19 2003

You have to change the admin distances.  Unfortunately for you, I don't
think there is a way to change the admin distance for a connected interface
which has a default of zero.  Anyone know of a selective way to do that?

OSPF is 110 by default, statics are 1 by default, but you can set their
distance on a per route basis, 'ip route x.x.x.x y.y.y.y v.v.v.v distance'.

What exactly are you trying to do?  There may be other mechanisms to
accomplish what you want.

Tim McKee