Re: Routing preferences question

  • From: Pascal Gloor
  • Date: Thu Jan 30 09:56:51 2003

> Does anybody know how/if I can force cisco router to consider ospf route
> (I'll consider other igp protocol if its possible) from particular source
> to be prefereble over connected and locally-entered static routes. This is
> needed for failover project I'm doing. Please note that especially big
> question is with "connected" route through subinterface, which I can't
> find any way to override with igp, for static I could at least make them
> learned igp routes.

For a static route you can force another metric:
ip route x.x.x.x y.y.y.y z.z.z.z metric <worse than ospf>

afaik a connected interface will always have a weight of 0 (best) and it's
not changable.
BUT you can force the OSPF metric when importing that connected-route into
OSPF.

!
router ospf 123
 redistribute static metric xxxxx
!

This will not change the "best route" locally on the router, but only on the
rest of your OSPF network...

P.