Re: .org whois

  • From: Adam McKenna
  • Date: Wed Jan 29 13:02:40 2003

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 12:40:00PM -0500, [email protected] wrote:

> Is there a new top-level whois server or did shared registry whois stop
> providing references to the appropriate whois servers for .org? At least a
> pair of domain registars cannot adjust any .org records claiming that the
> domains not exist.

I noticed this a few days ago -- I thought it was because the domain in
question was being transferred, but after reading your post it seems it was
much more than that.

The root servers aren't providing referrals to the gtld-servers for .org
anymore..  Instead they're referring to here:

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
org.              172800        IN      NS      A7.NSTLD.COM.
org.              172800        IN      NS      L7.NSTLD.COM.
org.              172800        IN      NS      G7.NSTLD.COM.
org.              172800        IN      NS      F7.NSTLD.COM.
org.              172800        IN      NS      M5.NSTLD.COM.
org.              172800        IN      NS      J5.NSTLD.COM.
org.              172800        IN      NS      I5.NSTLD.COM.
org.              172800        IN      NS      C5.NSTLD.COM.
org.              172800        IN      NS      E5.NSTLD.COM.

Anyone know anything about this?  I can't find anything on ICANN's web site
regarding a switch.

--Adam