Re: Aggregate traffic management

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Tue Jan 28 17:15:51 2003

From: "Stanislav Rost"

> How would I be able to accomplish this "division"?  What technologies
> (even if vendor-specific) would I use?
>
> I can think of some methods like prefix-matching classification and
> ECMP, but I am still not sure exactly how the latter works in practice
> (at the router level) and how one may set them up to achieve such
> load-sharing.

To my knowledge it is somewhat vendor specific. I've used policy routes and
tag switching in dividing and altering traffic flows. I do know that with
some vendors, it is important to make sure you activate the optimizations
for things such as policy routing to save mass amounts of cpu time. I'm
still a neophyte when it comes to tag switching. Others might help better in
that.

Jack Bates
BrightNet Oklahoma