Re: wrt BofA ATM: is it ATM 'automated' or ATM 'async' ?

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Tue Jan 28 14:06:16 2003

This makes it pretty clear

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/030125/tech_virus_boa_1.html

Reuters
Bank of America ATMs Disrupted by Virus
Saturday January 25, 5:33 pm ET

SEATTLE (Reuters) - Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC - News) said on Saturday that customers at a majority of its 13,000 automatic teller machines were unable to process customer transactions after a malicious computer worm nearly froze Internet traffic worldwide.

Bank of America spokeswoman Lisa Gagnon said by phone from the company's headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, that many, if not a majority of the No. 3 U.S. bank's ATMs were back online and that their automated banking network would recover by late Saturday.

<snip>

"We have been impacted, and for a while customers could not use ATMs and customer services could not access customer information," Gagnon said.

<snip>