[[email protected]: NYTimes.com Article: Worm Hits Microsoft, Which Ignored Own Advice]

  • From: Barney Wolff
  • Date: Tue Jan 28 01:36:35 2003

----- Forwarded message from [email protected] -----
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 00:43:09 -0500 (EST)

Worm Hits Microsoft, Which Ignored Own Advice

January 28, 2003
By JOHN SCHWARTZ

A spokesman for Microsoft, Rick Miller, confirmed that a
number of the company's machines had gone unpatched, and
that Microsoft Network services, like many others on the
Internet, experienced a significant slowdown. "We, like the
rest of the industry, struggle to get 100 percent
compliance with our patch management," he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/28/technology/28SOFT.html?ex=1044732589&ei=1&en=6b35cf2b8a77f62e

Copyright 2002 The New York Times Company

----- End forwarded message -----