Re: Banc of America Article

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Sun Jan 26 13:42:58 2003

From: "Alex Rubenstein"

> On the other hand, I think it's more likely that BoA had unprotected SQL
> servers, and they got it. It took a long while for BoA IT people to make
> it out of bed saturday morning to fix the problem.
>
> I still clearly say that I don't know what happened, and I did make
> assumptions (as I said in the original mail) -- but I'd still place my
> money on b).

I agree, yet there is inconclusive evidence as to whether the unprotected
SQL servers were in their private network or their public network, nor what
data was contained on them. Like many networks, they may have just killed
out switches and routers that were shared between public and private.

Jack Bates
BrightNet Oklahoma
-Will someone using <5000 for source ports? Makes safeguard filters
impossible.