Re: Level3 routing issues?

  • From: K. Scott Bethke
  • Date: Sat Jan 25 16:12:23 2003

On 1/25/03 2:53 PM, "Christopher L. Morrow" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Keep in mind that these problems aren't from 'well behaved' hosts, and
> 'well behaved' hosts normally listen to ECN/tcp-window/Red/WRED....
> classic DoS attack scenario. :(

Well not everyone plays fair out there.  I imagine this is built into SLA's
too right?  "My network will be up as long as everyone is well behaved"

I understand the evils, but are we really at the mercy of situations like
this?  Of course we can firewall the common sense things ahead of time, and
we can jump right in and block evil traffic when it happens, after it takes
down our network but what sorts of things can we design into our networks
today to help with these situations?

-Scotty