Re: Level3 routing issues?

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Sat Jan 25 16:07:56 2003

> I think you are on the right lines below in suggesting that products and
> services should be supplied safe and not require additional maintenance out of
> the box to make them so (additional changes should make them weaker)

There is no such thing as safe! You have control over what risks you want
to take the aim should always be to lower them but if you want safe, pull
the power plug, place your box in a large metal container and sink it in very
deep waters.

> > I don't know of an industry where costs aren't always being lowered.
>
> I dont know of one where prices are below cost values such that players of all
> sizes regularly go bankrupt and services are squeezed harder and harder.

Microsoft and XBox is an example, lots of industries have loss
leaders. Still waiting on evidence that most security issues are due
to Microsoft though!

Regards,
Neil.
--